Real estate investment and management companies face a myriad of issues unique to the industry. Real estate investors and property owners need to have an understanding of where to place their financing, how to maximize the value of properties in their portfolio, and what to do with legacy assets that they may have “inherited.”
A virtual CFO can help real estate companies get real about their business by:
- Assisting in raising funds (debt and equity) at the lowest cost possible. To this end, a CFO should have a robust network of investment and banking contacts to be able to raise funds quickly when they are needed … and be able to produce the financials necessary to go to the lending institution with confidence.
- Managing resources such as talent, finances and property. This skill is especially important when a company has diverse real estate holdings with varying property values.
- Overseeing the entire real estate portfolio to ensure that it is running at maximum profitability. By looking at the whole picture and not just pieces of the business, and by providing an in-depth financial analysis and accurate financial reporting, a CFO can help principals determine the financial levers to adjust to capitalize on the business holdings.
- Serving as a buffer between various stakeholders such as property managers, tenants, contractors and the business owners.
- Mitigating risk through the right insurance vehicles for your property management or real estate investment firm.
- Determining the optimal financial mechanisms for the real estate business and the properties it holds. A great CFO can make certain that your current financing has the best terms, which in turn helps to improve cash flow and long-term profitability.
- Analyzing financial information provided by property managers and generating reports as appropriate for investors. For instance, while tax advantages on current holdings may be decreasing, there may be other financial considerations that can counterbalance these changes.
The hard reality is that a virtual CFO with real estate industry expertise is a vital part of your professional team, there to ensure that the company’s financials are in order and that real estate investments are as profitable as possible. Don’t miss out on an investment or profitability opportunity to optimize your business cash flow. Get real about adding a virtual CFO to your management team!
CFO Your Way knows what to look for to ensure that your real estate portfolio is operating at maximum financial capacity. With more than 25 years of experience in the real estate investing market, we provide the benefit of a financial professional at a fraction of the price of hiring an in-house employee. No need to add to your company’s headcount or take up additional office space when you engage a virtual CFO.
We offer expert advice with financial management, accurate financial reporting, KPI monitoring, and much more. Contact Cheryl Mucha at firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation and to discuss your needs in the areas of business bookkeeping, financial forecasting, and cash flow analysis.